• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this an Edge mutation?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I believe it's due to the fact that there's so much contrast that you *know* it's a DF edge where-as a SF edge wouldn't have that contrast in colors.

Could be wrong though!

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
A DF Dom. Edge displays almost clear. If this is a SF Dom. Edge, I just question the dark stripe down the front of the flight feather. That's a sign of Pied sometimes. But if this bird is older than say, 6-9 months...it's probably a SF Dom. Edge.

Lovebird27

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christian
A DF Dom. Edge displays almost clear. If this is a SF Dom. Edge, I just question the dark stripe down the front of the flight feather. That's a sign of Pied sometimes. But if this bird is older than say, 6-9 months...it's probably a SF Dom. Edge.
Yes, it‘s about 8 months. Well, from my understanding, the flight feathers are dark in SF. According to what I’ve read and seen, not all edge patterns are the same, but we can see here the center of the feather lightens up but keeps it color at the edge. I don’t think its pied since we dont see any pink toes or nails. Not to mention, we can see color in the stomach whereas a pied will have the same color running from chest to feet, in most cases. I added some images from Dirk Van Den’s 2006 book.

I will cross it with a “wild type” fischer to determine what it is. If all birds come out edge then mine is a DF, but if some come out green without edge, I own a SF.

Attachments

Lovebird27

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christian
I believe it's due to the fact that there's so much contrast that you *know* it's a DF edge where-as a SF edge wouldn't have that contrast in colors.

Could be wrong though!
I think your right, it’s a DF.

Jbazt

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jbazt Line
I need help on my hatch identification. Can anyone confirm its a strange mutation of parblue edge? Thank you very much

Attachments

Jbazt

Real Name
Jbazt Line
I have doubts on this mutation as well. I thinks its a Dominant Edge SF. What do you all think?
I believed this one is a green SF dominant edge fischer. The DF version should display a noticable edge spangled patterns on the tip of it's flight feathers. Although the white wings could also be possibly a sign of ino genes presence and the green body resembles a pastel which is also a co-allele of ino.

Last edited:

Charles83

Real Name
Charles
I bred this one and also struggling to get the right mutation

Mocknbird

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
I have doubts on this mutation as well. I thinks its a Dominant Edge SF. What do you all think?
So, did edge dilute mutation show up in peachfaced and eyerings at the same time? How long have they been around?

mehmood

Real Name
Mehmood hanif
I want to know about this bird which mutation is this ?

IMG_20231119_120204.jpg