• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

is this an attempt to talk ?

emlyie

Meeting neighbors
i picked up my first conure yesterday! this morning they seem to be making some noises that sound like hello !?

pretty young so i'm sure i'm just imagining things, just sounds a little man made :p

cage is a little barren as we only got home last night, didn't want to overwhelm

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I swear I heard him say “hi”

emlyie

Meeting neighbors
it sounds like hello to me! he was handraised, but surely this is too young to be attempting to talk

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
How old is he?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
How old is he ?
I hear the grumble remi and pip made before starting to talk

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Honestly talking actually drives me insane they can 100% say peekaboo
Hello but I am not sure if this is hello or wolf whistle because both sound similar

I swear remi says what you doing and want a treat but he randomly says it when I am doing something else same with pip saying what you doing
Only thing both will say when I ask is peekaboo

half of time I think I am going mad and I am shocking at understanding bird talk

LiveLolBrd

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lana
I heard him say hi! Budgies can talk by the time they have had all their feathers for 1 week. But I dunno bout conures.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
And remi 100% said tickle tickle before twice but ever again

emlyie

Meeting neighbors
i can barely see his ring and i've forgotten how old he is >_> i know he's over 12 weeks & i can see 24 on his ring so he's just a little guy. just sent a message to double check

i'm new to conure sounds so maybe it's totally normal, it does sound like a word but that could just be relating it hahaha. i'm not too fussed if he does or doesn't talk! i will think he is superhuman if he has come home talking, though

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
i can barely see his ring and i've forgotten how old he is >_> i know he's over 12 weeks & i can see 24 on his ring so he's just a little guy. just sent a message to double check

i'm new to conure sounds so maybe it's totally normal, it does sound like a word but that could just be relating it hahaha. i'm not too fussed if he does or doesn't talk! i will think he is superhuman if he has come home talking, though
Could very easily though if breeder talked a lot pip came sounding like a ringneck call as he was handfed with one and within a week remi would do lovebirds flock call to a t

emlyie

Meeting neighbors
Could very easily though if breeder talked a lot pip came sounding like a ringneck call as he was handfed with one and within a week remi would do lovebirds flock call to a t
that's crazy! i thought talking was like a months maybe even years down the line sort of thing!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
that's crazy! i thought talking was like a months maybe even years down the line sort of thing!
Mine are are only 10 and 6months

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Bailey was 3 months when I got him and he started saying hello within a couple of weeks, I guess we must have been like a broken record to the little guy, he learned it so fast.

i definitely heard hello, sounds identical to when bailey started saying it…:heart:

emlyie

Meeting neighbors
between 16 to 18 months! so clever!!!

T. gillii

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Link
green cheeks are great talkers in my opinion, but humans can rarely translate the grumbles :D

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
green cheeks are great talkers in my opinion, but humans can rarely translate the grumbles :D
I can’t hardly understand any bird it’s a good job people say word after them haha then I am like oh yep :rofl: