• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this a good sized caged for finches that will go outside of their cage for a few hours?

Is it good enough?

• Total voters

Quailer2

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mathis Michel

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
It looks too small to me.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Do you know anyone with a Costco membership? I just received an F040 Prevue Hendryx flight cage for $169.99 on Costco.ca. It’s more, but it’s something you could save for & isn’t outrageous. Otherwise, you’ll just sink money in unsuitable cages (been there, done that). Amazon sells the identical cage for $350.

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wouldn’t purchase that cage. It’s not even 2 feet long- and many people don’t realize how tiny that is. I bet many people have larger microwaves in their houses.
Finches have a propensity to like their cages, even the larger species. So although they’ll have outside time, providing a large enough space for them is pretty crucial- more so than cage spacing for large parrots imho.

Have you checked out Craigslist or Facebook for any used cages? That could be a good frugal option.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I have that same cage in white- I would only use it as a hospital setup, it's far too small for even 1 finch. Not suitable for a main cage regardless of how long they get out of cage.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Do you know anyone with a Costco membership? I just received an F040 Prevue Hendryx flight cage for $169.99 on Costco.ca. It’s more, but it’s something you could save for & isn’t outrageous. Otherwise, you’ll just sink money in unsuitable cages (been there, done that). Amazon sells the identical cage for $350.
Wow that is tempting. Wish I had the space. :(