• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Is there something wrong with my baby tiels tail?

Birblover7

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Josie
One of our 6 week old baby tiels doesn't move her tail at all. It sort of just droops down. If she's on the couch, and she tries to turn around, her tail kind of just folds under her and she struggles to turn. She has made a few hard falls jumping off our hands (she's clipped) is there something wrong?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She has made a few hard falls jumping off our hands (she's clipped) is there something wrong?
Could she have broken some feathers?

If you are unsure and think there´s something wrong, head to the vet to get her checked out to be safe.

Birblover7

Real Name
Josie
I would love to but there's none within 4 hours of us. And I don't believe she's broken any geathera

Birblover7

Real Name
Josie
I didn't mean to post that yet!
But none of her feathers look broken. She just doesn't move her tail at all
She doesn't screech or bite when you move her tail around, I'm not sure if she's just hiding it, but it doesn't seem to bother her. Other than that she seems fine, moves around a lot. But her tail kind of droops in general when she's perched as well.
Her wings are fine.