• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is there a pm/private message option on here?

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
I am pretty sure there is an option to privately message a member, but I don’t know how to do it. Can I anyone let me know? Thanks!

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
If you click the little envelope icon in the top bar, that will take you to your pm inbox :)

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
I saw that, but I don’t see any option to create a new conversation

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am pretty sure there is an option to privately message a member, but I don’t know how to do it. Can I anyone let me know? Thanks!
If you are a minor then due to legal requirements you can't private message people I'm afraid!

Reactions: tka

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
If you are a minor then due to legal requirements you can't private message people I'm afraid!
Oh whoops! I think I might’ve entered the wrong birth year! In my account details, it says ‘2006’, even though it should be 1994. Can an administrator fix that??

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
Thats really odd because I don’t know why it says 2006.

Aves

jeffsf

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jeff
I appear to have a similar problem. I have an inbox with a welcome message in it, but do not find any affordances of ways to send messages. I'd message an admin to help, but ...

Thanks

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I appear to have a similar problem. I have an inbox with a welcome message in it, but do not find any affordances of ways to send messages. I'd message an admin to help, but ...

Thanks
You need to have 20 posts to be able to private message someone. It's a measure to reduce PM spam.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Thanks
You can always respond to the welcome message, even if you have never made a single post. Every week several new members do so. You just can not start a new PM until you have made at least 20 posts.

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
If the rules regarding minors and 20 messages aren't impeding you, you can also just hover over the member's name you'd like to start a conversation with and you'll get a popup...

1664309743765.png
(in addition to what @tka shared)​