• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is something wrong with my cockatiels eye.

Xazloo

Checking out the neighborhood
I just adopted her and it seems like something is in the corner of her eyes. It also seems like she cant close her eyes properly because of that. Could I just wipe it or is that dangerous

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Don't wipe birds eyes (or any other creatures eyes) as they are delicate just like ours are. I can't really see much detail in your pic but I can see something there- is it possible it is a seed husk?

Xazloo

heres a closer angle but are you sure I cant use a q-tip gently? IMG_8862.jpg

Xazloo

Don't wipe birds eyes (or any other creatures eyes) as they are delicate just like ours are. I can't really see much detail in your pic but I can see something there- is it possible it is a seed husk?
Does not look like a seed husk. I'm worried if it will affect her sleep.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Is there a vet you can take her to? Since she’s a new bird, getting a check up from a qualified vet is always a good idea anyway.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Glad!
She looks fluffed here and the nare looks a little red.
Sometimes the stress from a move abd new home can let hidden health issues rare up. Not that one picture can tell a health story.

But do keep an eye on her. That's she is eating well abd poops have good amount of formed fecal materisl and normal frequency. I give extra temptation stuff the first few days like millet.

Having a digital kitchen scale and weigh daily the first 2 weeks is my routine with a new one then a couple of times a month for life. Often but not always yiu can pick up health issues early by weight loss, or know they are carrying eggs by a sudden jump.

Congratulations on your new one! Wishing you many happy years together! And stick around and have fun with us!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Used a q-tip and removed it thank you guys.
Just so you know, that is not recommended for anyone but a professional to do as you could easily scratch the eye causing permanent damage.

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
For future reference, rather offer her a bath and put on some white noise in the background and it should just get washed out. Much safer than risking damage