• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is quasar a silly name?

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Also be sure you are feeding what he had at his previous home/breeder/store etc. They usually don't immediately try new foods
They had him eating zupreem fruit pellet, so thats what I've been giving him..i know that one isn't supposed to be the best for him with color etc, but for now thats what I've been trying to feed

Reactions: Ali

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
A unique name for a one-of-a-kind Quaker! The first 24 hours will give him a chance to explore inside the cage.
He hasn't explored much..he does know where the food is, as hes been on the perch there. He seems to favor a hanging rope and log like ladder up top

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
They had him eating zupreem fruit pellet, so thats what I've been giving him..i know that one isn't supposed to be the best for him with color etc, but for now thats what I've been trying to feed
The best pellet is the one they eat, do well on, and fits your budget :) You can worry about trying to switch him later. Don't stress about it now!

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
I'm old enough to remember the TV commercial for Quasar televisions. :D I like the name-- Quasar the Quaker has a nice sound to it. If you and your parrot are happy with the name, then you've made the perfect choice.
It's normal if a parrot doesn't eat when first arriving in a new home, but as you've discovered, it doesn't usually take long before the parrot does start eating and drinking.