• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is poop stuck by cloaca something to worry ?

Lucas2019

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maria
Hello everyone I haven’t asked in a while because Lucas has been good. Question today I woke up a little bit later than usual and Lucas poop only if we uncover so I am thinking maybe that be the cause ? He had his morning poop normal and then after he tried to poop and was hard for him I noticed and when I checked there was poop stuck next to his cloaca feathers not in the cloaca so I grabbed him to remove it . After he had some poops but were normal and nothing stuck . But now right before I was coming to work he got some tiny poop stuck by his feathers . Is it something to be alarm or just keep an eye if it continues do a vet appointment? Thanks

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
This is something I would keep a close eye on. It could be the early signs of illness, or dehydration. I'm assuming he has access to clean water 24/7?

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
This is something I would keep a close eye on. It could be the early signs of illness, or dehydration. I'm assuming he has access to clean water 24/7?
Of course he does have access to clean water I change it every day and twice or more if not clean by food. I haven’t seen poop anymore stuck around but yes I will keep an eye on that I think it was cause it’s been hot here in LA

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
Update ! I have checked Lucas and there is no poop stuck by that area anymore :)