• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is orange juice ok for birds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlan79

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Julia
I drink orange juice pretty much every day and Google takes sips from my cup every time. She LOVES orange juice. Is there something bad in it I should avoid? It's not from concentrate, but store-bought. I draw a line at squeezing my own oranges :D

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
As long as it is small amounts then it is fine. There are some birds like softbills that can not have citrus because it can cause ISD, but it is fine for birds such as conures.

Matt

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Nanis love getting the last few drops from the oj container:) She lifts it up in the air with her beak and tilts it back to get the last drops...it is so cute.

Dallas

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dallas
Is Google a Cinnamon? Peanut LOVES juice, but you should be aware of the sugar content as well and try to give it in moderation as with anything. Granted, most of the time Peanut won't get too much because I think I love it more than him. XD

jlan79

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Julia
Is Google a Cinnamon? Peanut LOVES juice, but you should be aware of the sugar content as well and try to give it in moderation as with anything. Granted, most of the time Peanut won't get too much because I think I love it more than him. XD
Google is a Pineapple (but they do look so similar)

gayla

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
I also use orange juice in my birds bread/muffins too, and I just give it to them plain, mine love apple juice too, hehe!

gayla

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla
Pita's a juice addict. Apple, orange, cranberry, grape...if it's got fruit anywhere in it, he's all over it....or should I say it's all over him.

falsk

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
OMGGG. Beakman is a juice ADDICT. She would KILL for juice. Anytime I have a glass of colored liquid, she will try EVERYTHING to get her beak in that glass, lol.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'll have to try it wiht Hiram.I don't like orange juice.:o:Hiram loves carrot juice.

Crackaleen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
Pixie loves OJ. It's gotten to the point where she recognizes the jug and starts doing her begging dance whenever she sees me getting it out. I always give her a couple of sips whenever I drink it. Lately, I've been trying to use her love of orange juice to my advantage - I've been drawing up a small quantity in a syringe and letting her lick drops of it from the end in the hopes that she'll associate syringes with a yummy treat. That way if I ever have to give her any medications in the future, hopefully it won't be as traumatic for her as it has been for Buddy in the past.

Cephus

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Brian
It's fine in small quantities. Crow loves it, I caught him standing on the side of my glass, drinking orange juice.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nala and Simba both love OJ and Apple juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.