• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is non-toxic Elmer's School Glue safe to use on bird toys?

ZY28

Strolling the yard
Hello everyone!
I hope your having a good day :). I wanted to make some DIY toys for my GCC and I was wondering if a non-toxic Elmer's School Glue would be safe to use as an adhesif on the toys.
Thank you!

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
Honestly, I would call my vet and ask this question. They might have a good answer.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wouldnt be using glue as the bird could eat and swallow it, when a product like this is advertised as non toxic this means to people.
I dont know if there is adhesive that would be bird safe @Mizzely might know of one.
I have made a load of bird toys and never needed adhesive string, leather strips and ropes have always done the job holding them together and once the toy has take some punishment i can dismantle and salvage whatever isnt to damaged for new toys.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It is safe, but I choose to only use it where the bird won't be able to chew it (inside a preening toy I make). It breaks down when wet which is a bonus! The other option was Food Grade silicone.

Out of over 400 toy designs I've made, that's the only one I can't get around using an adhesive.