• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Is my quakers toe a cause for concern?

Neboskyboy

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Tals
hi, first timer here, I was wondering if my 12-week old male Quakers toe was something to worry about, I only got him recently (2 weeks ago) and I'm pretty sure he had this before then. I've never noticed him being bothered by it or in any pain but it just looks so different to his other nails (see in pictures).

Also, another concern is his habit to violently shake his head when he dislikes something, I've heard that Quakers are known to bob and shake their head and that they are just goofy like that so I wanna know if anyone else with a quaker, experiences the same thing.

thank you :)

Attachments

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
Welcome! From the picture it appears his talon is short. I can’t be sure, but if he’s not picking at it or favoring it, I’d probably leave him be. Someone with far more experience may see something significant, so hopefully they’ll add to this thread.
My Quaker, Hiccup, is a very loving hot mess! He bobs his head and has “conversations” in his own language. He’s cuddly, but not as much as either of my conures. He’s also more of a spaz!

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
One of our budgies has a toe similar to that and we have never had any issues.

Neboskyboy

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Tals
Welcome! From the picture it appears his talon is short. I can’t be sure, but if he’s not picking at it or favoring it, I’d probably leave him be. Someone with far more experience may see something significant, so hopefully they’ll add to this thread.
My Quaker, Hiccup, is a very loving hot mess! He bobs his head and has “conversations” in his own language. He’s cuddly, but not as much as either of my conures. He’s also more of a spaz!
thank you! I was hoping I was just a bit paranoid for nothing, ill keep watching it and let the vet know when I can.
I'm learning that Quakers are just silly little people :D