• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is my parrot sick

Nnbal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
Hello. I have a 1 year old Macaw parrot. His name is Pasa. He sneezes especially at night. Its current is ignored. Light colored He eats well. He is very happy. It has no other problems. Just sneezing. Our vet gave antibiotics. We used. But it did not pass. I bought an air filter in his room. Humidity level about 45%. I clean his room every 2 days. What do you think could be the problem. Please help me.Thanks IMG_20201203_154834.jpg

Last edited:

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
My Sister made a mistake. She is 7 years old. We apologize. She shared the post again :(
@rocky'smom

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Are the sneezes wet or dry sneezes?

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
time to see the vet again

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
time to see the vet again
Unfortunately, veterinarians don't know about parrots here. I do not trust them. You are experienced, I wanted to consult

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Your baby could have many reasons for sneezing - plus the fact that macaws sneeze regularly anyway. If his sneezing is prolonged - several times in a row - or wet or exceptionally hard you may have a problem. Check to see, if you can, if there is anything stuck in his nares. Is it particularly dusty where you are. You may find that the air purifier solves the issue. Macaws (all parrots) have a very complex and sensitive respiratory system.

If this behavior continues or gets worse he's going to need to see a vet. A vet should not just give antibiotics on a guess, without other tests - and looking in his nostrils for something stuck there.

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
Bebeğinizin hapşırma için birçok nedeni olabilir - ayrıca papağanların düzenli olarak hapşırması. Hapşırması uzarsa - üst üste birkaç kez - veya ıslak veya son derece sert bir sorun yaşayabilirsiniz. Eğer yapabilirsen, nares'ine sıkışmış bir şey var mı diye kontrol et. Özellikle bulunduğun yer tozlu mu? Hava temizleyicinin sorunu çözdüklerine görebilirsiniz. Papağanlar (tüm papağanlar) çok karmaşık ve hassas bir solunum sistemine sahiptir.

Eğer bu davranış devam ederse ya da kötüleşirse bir veterinere ihtiyacı olacak. Bir veteriner, diğer testler olmadan ve burun deliklerine orada sıkışmış bir şey için bakarak sadece bir tahminde antibiyotik vermemelidir.
[/TEKLİF]T
Thank you

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
We're running a dehumidifier at 55-60% so 45% humidity sounds really dry to me. How often does he get a bath?

S&B

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rachael
Hello. I have a 1 year old Macaw parrot. His name is Pasa. He sneezes especially at night. Its current is ignored. Light colored He eats well. He is very happy. It has no other problems. Just sneezing. Our vet gave antibiotics. We used. But it did not pass. I bought an air filter in his room. Humidity level about 45%. I clean his room every 2 days. What do you think could be the problem. Please help me.Thanks View attachment 378230
Could be the corn if there’s mold spores or any mold spores in your house plus dust. If not maybe check the drafts and clean your house filter just trying to help. Maybe this handbook might be useful. I hope your sweetie will feel better!

Hello. I have a 1 year old Macaw parrot. His name is Pasa. He sneezes especially at night. Its current is ignored. Light colored He eats well. He is very happy. It has no other problems. Just sneezing. Our vet gave antibiotics. We used. But it did not pass. I bought an air filter in his room. Humidity level about 45%. I clean his room every 2 days. What do you think could be the problem. Please help me.Thanks View attachment 378230
This might help you to find out what’s in your Macaws environment that could cause the symptoms. I hope this helps.

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
When she sneezes, I get up and spray hin face with some water. And it never sneezes again.Why
And only the night sneezes.

Last edited:

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
New hairs grow on her nose. Is that why he sneezes?
Could be the corn if there’s mold spores or any mold spores in your house plus dust. If not maybe check the drafts and clean your house filter just trying to help. Maybe this handbook might be useful. I hope your sweetie will feel better!

This might help you to find out what’s in your Macaws environment that could cause the symptoms. I hope this helps.
We're running a dehumidifier at 55-60% so 45% humidity sounds really dry to me. How often does he get a bath?
Your baby could have many reasons for sneezing - plus the fact that macaws sneeze regularly anyway. If his sneezing is prolonged - several times in a row - or wet or exceptionally hard you may have a problem. Check to see, if you can, if there is anything stuck in his nares. Is it particularly dusty where you are. You may find that the air purifier solves the issue. Macaws (all parrots) have a very complex and sensitive respiratory system.

If this behavior continues or gets worse he's going to need to see a vet. A vet should not just give antibiotics on a guess, without other tests - and looking in his nostrils for something stuck there.

Reactions: S&B

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
How much sneezing are we talking about really? I mean it's normal if not consistent. If everything is fine all day and at night you hear a sneeze or two I wouldn't be concerned. If it's a continued thing all day everyday you have an issue. My female BG sneezes every time she picks her nose and she picks her nose a lot. ;) Is everything fine during the day?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Macaw's noses get dirty and stopped up. My girl GW was just at the vet's yesterday and her nostrils were really dirty and stopped up. Dr. spent a good five minutes cleaning her nostrils out - she must feel so much better.