• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

is my new conure in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
please keep us updated and I am so glad you found help here..

Jbsmomto1

Strolling the yard
Well we got back about 2:30am with a healthy baby conure. The vet cannot find anything wrong with this birdie baby. The beeping noise she says is a way of getting attention, probably calling for clutchmates (which makes sense b/c while we watched you tube videos about conures, not one beep). She did say that he was probably over stimulated, which you know is very possible, I run a small daycare so kids were here all day, I have 2 dogs and my own little girl so yeah the house was busy. She suggested to let him rest in the late mornings early afternoons for a spell just by putting him in his cage and coverign him, so we'll try that. Since she cannot see me til April to do his well bird check she took the samples she needed last night and checked him out pretty good, healthy baby she thinks.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
That is good news! Babies need their rest, but when everyone is out playing they want to be apart of the action. Putting him away in a quiet room a couple times a day is a good idea. :hug8:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
That is great news.

That little cutie was exhausted, thank goodness. In the video, he sure didn't look well, when you go back and look at it again he does look sleepy.

LittleBirdAirlines

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey "Lynz"
Everyone else pretty much said what I was going to... but I wanted to pop in here and say that he is a cutie. There are lots of strange things your conure will do in the future that will make you question him. I'm still trying to figure out if my conure is normal.. or just plain weird. And I've had her for 11 years! XD

He doesn't look life-threatening sick. But he doesn't look perfectly normal. Just a bit off but I'm sure he'll be fine :)

PerfectlyParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
And how is our little patient today? By the way, you never mentioned his name lol.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
glad everything is fine..you know he may regard those dogs as predators and be afraid..keep an eye out please

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am glad to hear that everything went fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.