• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Is my lovebird sick? Droppings attached

Csolis22

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Constanza
I have a lovie that is 4 years old and she’s been to the vet twice in a month and everything came out fine.
However now her urates are a little discolored this started after giving her mixed apple cider vinegar in her water.
Is this dangerous?
Any advice?

Attachments

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
The Urates still look white to me, but her droppings seem like they have a lot of urine. How much ACV did you add to the water? I would see if her droppings go back to normal when you stop using the ACV. Having unusual droppings due to consuming certain foods or drinking acceptable amounts of ACV doesn’t pose a health problem.

Csolis22

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Constanza
The Urates still look white to me, but her droppings seem like they have a lot of urine. How much ACV did you add to the water? I would see if her droppings go back to normal when you stop using the ACV. Having unusual droppings due to consuming certain foods or drinking acceptable amounts of ACV doesn’t pose a health problem.
I did one teaspoon for a liter. But I stopped using it for a week and this is the outcome, but before it was more normal. I’m a little confused about it

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Could this be staining from the faeces? It's quite possible she has eaten or chewed on something that colour.