• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is my Indian ringneck plucking or molting

MuzMuz

Meeting neighbors
If any feathers are falling out are the tips smooth or or bitten up?

MuzMuz

Meeting neighbors
If the tips of the feather is nice and rounded and smooth then she is molting.
But if the tip is rough and seems as if its been pulled at then she is plucking.

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
:welcome2: Ray! Looks like some major preening has been going on. Does he get regular showers/mistings? That would make his feathers look so much better. I am wondering if his clipped wings are irritating him? Sorry to say it, but that is some bad clipping!

Ray4468

Moving in
Real Name
Ray
:welcome2: Ray! Looks like some major preening has been going on. Does he get regular showers/mistings? That would make his feathers look so much better. I am wondering if his clipped wings are irritating him? Sorry to say it, but that is some bad clipping!
He gets a bath almost once a week should I give him more? Yes I’m aware the lady I got him from clipped his wings terribly and they still haven’t grown in, I read that it could take a really long time so I’m just waiting. Any tips on how to help the irritation?

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
You could try giving him a bath every couple of days and see if that helps. You could add a few drops of Apple Cider Vinegar to the water. That's so lovely to hear that you are intending to let his wings grow out. It probably won't be until next year now. Has he got toys that he can chew, instead of himself? Toys tied to the side of the cage rather than the top are often easier to chew as they don't move around so much. If he doesn't play, start off with easy to destroy stuff like soft balsa wood and cardboard pieces. You can easily string them on pieces of paper rope or leather strips together with wooden beads etc.