• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is my conure sick or molting?

ellevera

Moving in
Real Name
vee
Hello i recently got a green cheek conure almost a month ago, his name is Douglas and he’s almost 4 months old, today and yesterday mostly right now i noticed he’s cleaning himself more and feathers are coming off. Some are grey and fluffy from his chest but some have color at the end. I’m worried and don’t know if this is normal.:( Down below i included a a picture of my boy and the feathers from the last hour.

Attachments

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Looks like he just had a bath in the first photo. It doesn't look like an excessive amount of feathers to me. I think he's preening more because he's molting some of his baby feathers. Frequent baths or misting will help a good bit.

ellevera

Moving in
Real Name
vee
Looks like he just had a bath in the first photo. It doesn't look like an excessive amount of feathers to me. I think he's preening more because he's molting some of his baby feathers. Frequent baths or misting will help a good bit.
he did have a bath in the first photo which was way earlier. thank you for clarifying though i was very worried it might of been something more

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Some molts seem to look like your bird has exploded :roflmao:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Yep that time of year. Jenks is molting pretty heavy right now. I have feathers all over the house. :rofl: