• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Is my cockatiels wing broken?

Mili

Moving in
Real Name
Milica
Its been like this for a while. She is okey, she is flying and climbing its just when she sits, one of her wings drop. She seems to be less active than the male cockatiel i have. but she is also about 6 years older than him. Is this normal or should i be concerned? I did go to one Vet, she gave it a look and just gave me some vitamins to give her.

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If she's flying, it's not broken. Did you go to an avian vet?

Mili

Moving in
Real Name
Milica
Hi guys i am a huge Bird lover i have a pair of cockatiels, have them now for 8 years and i am concerned about my female cockatiel.
Its been like this for a while. She is okey, she is flying and climbing its just when she sits, one of her wings drop so its not always like that. (is it maybe because she is sleeping?)
She seems to be less active than the male cockatiel i have but she is also about 6 years older than him and it seems like her overall vibe. :D
Is this normal or should i be concerned? I did go to one Vet, she gave it a look and just gave me some vitamins to give her.

I hope that i'm just over thinking it.

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I've merged your threads to help keep all the information in one place :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So if it was an avian vet, what reasoning did she give for the wing droop/vitamins?

For some birds it is "normal" whether because they just get more relaxed, a past injury, or genetic defect. If it appeared out of nowhere, I would be more concerned.

Mili

Moving in
Real Name
Milica
So if it was an avian vet, what reasoning did she give for the wing droop/vitamins?

For some birds it is "normal" whether because they just get more relaxed, a past injury, or genetic defect. If it appeared out of nowhere, I would be more concerned.
I cant remember what she gave me because it was a while back. She said that i should give 20 drops of it daily and if it disappeared then she is fine. Which it did. It appears from time to time and now that i think f it, it's usually when she is relaxed.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What is her diet normally like? If it reappears and goes away when given a multivitamin, its possible she is a little vitamin deficient.

Mili

Moving in
Real Name
Milica
What is her diet normally like? If it reappears and goes away when given a multivitamin, its possible she is a little vitamin deficient.
Yes that's a differend and a ongoing problem with them. They loooove to eat just seeds and bird mix. I try to give them greens and others cooked stuff.. but she just tries it somethime or eats it only from my hand and the male is not interested at all. I don't think i know how to approach it the right way.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes that's a differend and a ongoing problem with them. They loooove to eat just seeds and bird mix. I try to give them greens and others cooked stuff.. but she just tries it somethime or eats it only from my hand and the male is not interested at all. I don't think i know how to approach it the right way.
Will they eat any pellets? That is a good way to get some nutrients into them while they are being picky. You can also try freeze dried veggies which are sometimes easier to convince them to eat! This thread also has some ideas:

Mili

Moving in
Real Name
Milica
Will they eat any pellets? That is a good way to get some nutrients into them while they are being picky. You can also try freeze dried veggies which are sometimes easier to convince them to eat! This thread also has some ideas:

Oke sounds good i will definitelly take a look! I didn't try the freeze dried veggie thing before. Thank you for the suggestions.
They mostly eat this kind of food mix.
versele-laga-prestige-grosssittiche-1kg_720x600.jpg