• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is my budgies tail okay?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It looks fine to me, just a bit ruffled. If you see no signs of blood & he's not acting in pain, he'll likely be okay. You'd be the best judge of how he is compared to normal.

I think there's a dangerous toy thread somewhere. You may want to add the culprit toy.

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
If he is injured from the toy, it's not the tail. He just broke the tip of the feather, and unless he was hurt otherwise, he's ok.

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Yep, just bent the tip a bit! It’s not the actual skin and bones or anything so he should be fine. It’s good that you are so observant and caring though!

peachypjm

Strolling the yard
It got caught on a toy we recently got him. I heard him yelling. Taking out the toy and hoping his tail is okay :(
he looks okay, just a bit frayed at the tail !! he may have been playing too rough and then got caught, leave the toy outside of the cage so you can supervise him while he plays with it, and so the toy doesn't go to waste! if he shows signs of any weird behavior or you find blood, then its time to worry.