• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Is my budgie sick?

pippo

Moving in
Check the video please:

I noticed she is slightly bobbing her tail from this morning. Even YESTEDAY night I noticed her tail and she was NOT bobbing her tail. Is she okay?

Note that no avian vets are available in my area. From my personal experience I can say you that they know only about cows and dogs and know nothing about birds. In some cases they killed the bird with overdosing (you can read about it in google review of the most famous veterinarian hospital in my city). Here, breeders knows better than vets. That's why I'm asking you, should I be worried about her? Please help.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I don't see anything to be overly worried about. The abdomen is involved in breathing so the tail will move slightly when breathing normally. A 'flick' of more than ¼inch (6mm) at rest would be a concern.

Last edited:

pippo

Moving in
I don't see anything to be overly worried about. The abdomen is involved in breathing so the tail will move slightly when breathing normally. A 'flick' of more than ¼inch (6mm) at rest would be a concern.
Thank you very much for your response. That's a relief.