• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is my bird sick?

Pixy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Helen
Hey

today I noticed my cockatiel’s wing’s upper or shorter feathers are facing down , should i be concerned? Because i never saw them in that angle , She’s been acting normal and eating normal. Any help?

Check the pictures please.

Thanks Xx

Attachments

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
How old is your little feather friend? Some times feathers get bent down until they groom themselves.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
How old is your little feather friend? Some times feathers get bent down until they groom themselves.
Or he rubbed it against something

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Many birds are going thru molt right now, so new feathers can be hard to zip, if not nice & clean. A good shower may help her to get them back in place. If that doesn't help then I suggest a visit to the vet.

Pixy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Helen
the weather is so cold here that i’m afraid if i wash her she would get sick or cold , but i will consider that

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
She is no doubt molting, birds preen their feathers, I was not talking about a bath. They get kinda ruffled looking at that age. You can use mister a lightly spray them with fine mist.