• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is my bird poop too runny?

FruityFloc

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashley
My budgies' feces have been looking yellower and runnier the past couple days, is this still okay or is it some sign of sickness?

I think it might be runny and green because I've recently switched from a full seed diet to a 70% chop 30% seed diet, but wanted to check just in case with people who have more experience.

They all seem quite healthy tho.

I have attached photos of the feces and the chop i provide. ( i have 4 budgies )

Attachments

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Budgies are granivores, so please give them some seed in their diet.
I don't see anything to worry about honestly. Their poops do get a little runnier and change colour when chop fruit or veges are added to their diet. The colour often reflects what they're eating so are the poops the colour of the pellets or, as I'm thinking, are they eating a lot of the corn?

:welave:

Last edited:

FruityFloc

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashley
Budgies are granivores, so please give them some seed in their diet.
I don't see anything to worry about honestly. Their poops do get a little runnier and change colour when chop fruit or veges are added to their diet. The colour often reflects what they're eating so are the poops the colour of the pellets or, as I'm thinking, are they eating a lot of the corn?

:welave:
Thank you so much for the response, really good to know their droppings appear healthy.

As I said I've been feeding about 70% chop and 30% seed, in the day time seed is used as treats but they have it in their cage overnight since i worry they wake up hungry before i'm awake. So they definitely have seeds in their diet, should I change the ratio and increase the seed intake?

They don't sell small budgie pellets or spray millet in my country for some reason, so I only have the option of seeds and vegetables for both food and treats, which is why I try to use seeds as treats in the day time hehehe.

I haven't been feeding corn, but so far I've been giving a lot of Mung Beans, Broccoli, and Chinese Water Spinach. I ocassionally add white rice but not that often.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
My bad. I thought I saw corn in the chop. Looks so good I want to eat it.
I also messed up on what you're feeding. I thought it said 30% pellets. My budgies get seed for the last hour of light and overnight so we're about the same there. I don't see anything that needs changing, except maybe my specs. ;)

Yes, the change in diet would account for the change in the poops.

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Your chop looks wonderful!

Reactions: Ali

FruityFloc

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashley
I see,
My bad. I thought I saw corn in the chop. Looks so good I want to eat it.
I also messed up on what you're feeding. I thought it said 30% pellets. My budgies get seed for the last hour of light and overnight so we're about the same there. I don't see anything that needs changing, except maybe my specs. ;)

Yes, the change in diet would account for the change in the poops.

I see, thank you so much! But yes I agree sometimes I too want to eat the bird chop. :laugh::roflmao: