• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is my bird plucking me??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnyluver

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
Whenever I let Juni sit at the computer with me, he starts to rip little pieces of lint off of my shirt. :huh: I've seen Cinny pluck Sugar before and the behavior he shows when he's around her. Juni's acting similar. Could me maybe be plucking me? He does it whenever I turn my attention away from him.

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
I bet it is a form for preening and a way to get your attention . My GC male Nippie(trust me good name) form of preening is trim eyebrows pull hairs out of freckles and give me a GC style shave(owwwchhh) Ill be honest I know he is not trying to hurt me he is so cute doing it he will look at me sideways move close move around the hair and pull it out quick.

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
Well, he grooms me all the time, but this seems more like an annoyed behavior. :confused:

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
Maybe he doesn't like the lint, if he's being more aggressive about it? Neelix does not like longer sleeves and will chew and bite at them if I wear them lol. All bets are off if I'm wearing a jacket... Yikes... He gets very very mad if I do that :eek:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Charlie *loves* any shirts of mine with shinies or lettering... or anything similar. He seems to do it out of curiosity, but it bugs the heck out of me! Don't know why, but I'd rather him preen my arms, freckles or otherwise than pick on my shirts! And I'm not a big clothes person, either. If it fits, it's comfortable and I like it, I'll wear it! And not care about fashion or looking great! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.