• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures is my baby's beak ok

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Looks fine. Do you have questions? This is the place to bring them. Edges are often irregular and that is fine. Does she have a mineral lump to help groom her beak? Chewing harder wood also helps.

Mccookrem

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rick
Mineral block and to Catulbone's in a large cage wood perches made from branches. chews on decorations sticks. she's chewing that up every day. I thought beak should be smooth at this age.

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Mineral block and to Catulbone's in a large cage wood perches made from branches. chews on decorations sticks. she's chewing that up every day. I thought beak should be smooth at this age.
What are decorations sticks?

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
She obviously lost a v-shaped notch from her mandible portion, but they sometimes do that and it just slowly grows out and is gone. Like any small, young parrot, she checks out everything with her beak and sometimes they get hold of a wire or a screw or something and it damages their beak a little. I make sure all the screws and such are tight in my cages every week. Emmie CAG put a groove in his bottom beak a few years back loosening a bolt that attached the walls of his cage together. I ended up putting a sleeve of wrapped rope over the re-tightened bolt until he forgot about it.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
It looks like opposite the notch there may be a groove/indent on the top portion too which does suggest she got ahold of something. I believe in time that will grow out too.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Does the beak look normal? No, it looks damaged

That said, a healthy diet, and it should grow out just fine without issues!