• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is My Baby Bird Going to Remember Me?

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
I unfortunately have been struck with an illness that the doctors are still unsure of and am resting at my parent’s house. It’s been a couple weeks since I have not seen my baby Conure and I won’t be able to see her again in a month and possibly more depending on how my health goes. Will my bird remember me? We have had her for about 3 or 4 weeks now and she is now super bonded with my s/o.

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’ve had birds that I fostered for only a week or two remember me after being adopted, and staying at their new houses for years. When they had to come back into rescue it was very clear that they remembered me. So, I think you’ll be okay.

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
I’ve had birds that I fostered for only a week or two remember me after being adopted, and staying at their new houses for years. When they had to come back into rescue it was very clear that they remembered me. So, I think you’ll be okay.
That’s really great that you took the time to foster birds! But okay thank you. This is really reassuring to me :smuggrin:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you feel better soon!

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
You could maybe also do face time or zoom little visits with her. should help keep your bond so its not so stressful on her from the changes and will make it easier for both of you until she can come home again....just a thought

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
20 years & I still look to the sky & listen for the craw of my crow C. Once befriended always smitten. Not sure if they are still flying the skies but that special bond will never die.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Hoping you will be much better soon and posting an update that YES, :heart: she remembered, and was overjoyed when you got back home!

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
20 years & I still look to the sky & listen for the craw of my crow C. Once befriended always smitten. Not sure if they are still flying the skies but that special bond will never die.
That’s really sweet :laugh: