• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is it weird to be excited by this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
My parents won't let me order online yet, i have to use what i can find locally :( (they don't have credit cards, or something..)

I'm not sure how ordering online works, but i just got a job so hopefully i'll be able to work something out so i can order things for myself!
I understand that perfectly - and you have to do as they wish - not all children (regardless of age) are so respectful - good for you!

stainless steel is the best material for the skewers - it is safe for the birds if they chew on them - it should state somewhere on the label/pkg what they are made of

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
thanks! :) I will deffinately be looking for one!!

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
I would be excited as well, if that had happened to me, so we must be normal!
If you think of all the green/orange/yellow and red coloured fruit and veggies, that is the best for your bird. Good luck.:hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Today MUST have been the day. instead of giving it to her in her cage, she sat on the back of a chair at the table.. There was a dish FILLED with the mix, and a cup of water. She took a bath, and i offered her a small peice of broccoli from my finger - she ATE it! and then she was like a veggie machine! She ate EVERYTHING if i gave it to her peice by peice! OMG! i was so proud of her! she still won't eat it from her dish in her cage but if thats what it takes to get her to eat healthy than its worth it!!!
I've posted this many times and you have just confirmed why I do. I am so happy for you!! :hug8:

Eating is a social activity. Birds learn what to eat, how to eat it and where to find it from the rest of the flock. We are now that flock. So it's up to us to teach our bird those things by example. That means showing them good foods and eating them in front of them and including them in our family meals. They do not learn what to eat by throwing some food in a bowl in the cage and just expect them to try it or eat it.

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
Just work with what you have. Simple is good. No need to order right now. Perhaps you can locate what you need at selected pet or bird only stores locally.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
thanks John, and southernbirds! I am just so proud of her! I have tried eating it in front of her and handing it to her MANY times, but she wouldn't touch it until tonight! I'm so proud of my girlie!

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
YAY :)

I'm still feeding her some by hand every day when i get home from school, but we've had SOME success today! I left a BIT of veggies in her cage this morning (and a bit of pellets in another bowl) and when i came home i went straight to get them and throw them out - and she ate ALMOST all of them! She ate the carrots, sweet potato, corn, and pom! Only left the broccoli *sigh* I will keep trying, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.