• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is it too much sunlight?

SkyOcean

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello my lovely people. This is my first post, yay exciting! Hope everyone is in good health.
I recently bought 2 budgies and ofc like everyone I had tons of questions/worries since it is my first time but this site has helped me a lot :heart: thanks.
I read budgies need sunlight, I wasn’t aware of it but now I am giving them sunlight but I am not sure what time sunlight is correct. Like humans am I suppose to give them morning sunlight or even afternoon sunlight is fine? Im sorry if I sound silly but a response would be helpful thank you. Also, my house get direct sunlight I will attach a photo please let me know if it is too much sunlight. Thank you :flowers:

Attachments

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
I do not know about the sunlight, but it seems they are in a round cage. Iff so, you should change the cage as round cafes are not good for birds as they have no corner the bird can retreat to if they are scared. And lovely budgies by the way :)

SkyOcean

Checking out the neighborhood
I do not know about the sunlight, but it seems they are in a round cage. Iff so, you should change the cage as round cafes are not good for birds as they have no corner the bird can retreat to if they are scared. And lovely budgies by the way :)
Oh yes, I have bought them a new cage but these two aren’t hand tamed so I am not sure how to switch them to the other cage :(Thank you so much :heart:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It's great to give them direct sunlight. Sunlight through glass will only benefit their energy levels. Glass filters the UV-B that's used to make vitamin D3. However, if you get them eating pellets or a fortified seed mix that'll give them all the D3 they need. Unless you take them outside that is.
As far as the sunlight itself you need to give them somewhere to shelter from the light if they need to. Careful placement with half the cage in shade will give them this choice. Covering half the cage will also do this.
I find the easiest way to transfer them to a new cage is to place the open cage doors against each other. Let them explore in their own time, it's less stressful for everyone.