• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is it safe to travel to get a new bird?

a_conure

Meeting neighbors
I am thinking of getting this high red pineapple female conure (thats what the breeder says it is anyway i dont know much about the different breeds)
I was originally going to get a female pineapple that was conviently in my town but the breeder hasnt responded to my last message in about a week and also put down the ad so I decided to look for more options. The conure online is adorable but is in a town 300km away. Also, it would probably be travelling in a relatives car who lives near there and frequently takes road trips to my town. Would this be a good idea? I am worried about the stress and if the bird gets car sick. any advice would be much appreciated :)
(this is the conure)
1645320995622.png

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have to drive 144km just to get to my vet lol. I've taken birds in multiple 950+ km trips, one way. It is safe. Zip tie doors to prevent escapes, put the carrier so the perch is running from front to back of the seat vs sideways, cover back half with a towel to give them a safe place to retreat to, and do a 15 mins stop every 2 hours and they'll be fine :)

a_conure

Meeting neighbors
the only thing is I would want to meet it in person...