• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is it possible to place perches at an angle?

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
That is exactly what I did with the safe wood branches I used. I usually collected them after a storm because you don't want a branch that has been on the ground for a while. I fastened them in all kinds of directions with zip ties at the end.
I'm excited to try this out now :)

Would save me some pennies on birb stuff!

scott199

Walking the driveway
Yes, you can :) depending on the wood you can also use a good garden scizzor.. no saw needed ;-)

I bought a willow three once, its in my backyard and provides me with plenty of branches to decorate the age with! You can grow them in a large pot as well.. anyone can have their own fresh branches :)
Hi

Sorry to butt in, when you say large pot, how large are we talking for it to grow a decent size ?

i have been getting willow from local places, but most are on private land and requires a bit of sneakiness, i have put a small branch in a jar of water and its growing well, i have a small garden and don't really want to plant it in the soil, i never knew a pot would work.

the plastic pot is 60 x 60 x 32 deep (cm)

Last edited:

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Hi

Sorry to butt in, when you say large pot, how large are we talking for it to grow a decent size ?

i have been getting willow from local places, but most are on private land and requires a bit of sneakiness, i have put a small branch in a jar of water and its growing well, i have a small garden and don't really want to plant it in the soil, i never knew a pot would work.

the plastic pot is 60 x 60 x 32 deep (cm)
The larger the better, but i think one of those cement buckets is large enough to grow descent branches :)