• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is it okay to take a cage attached budgie off the cage with a perch?

Saya

Meeting neighbors
My budgie is extremely attached to his cage. He comes out of the cage all the time but he doesn't come off the top. I have found that when I take him off the cage and put him on my desk his is 100% tame (I took him off with a perch.) Is this the right way of doing things? And i have been keeping at the training since i got him 4 months ago but it honestly hasn't improved at all so...

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is fine to have him step up onto a perch. Over time it may no longer be necessary, but it is fine to do.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I think we covered the perch thing in your other thread.

i have been keeping at the training since i got him 4 months ago but it honestly hasn't improved at all so...

If nothing has improved after all that time you need to re-examine what you consider "training"

Doublete

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Katie
I think you've asked the same thing in slightly different ways but its been answered the same way.

You need to go back and gain your birds trust and reevaluate how "tame" you're bird is.

I still question that you're bird was sold twice before he was
6 weeks old, because the bird wouldnt have Been weaned yet. So the seller may not have been honest or you may have misunderstood.

I think you need to work on getting your bird to truly trust you. Use millet and treats and talk to him.