• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

is it normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamagdalena

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
is it normal that my two budgie girls Yoshi and Ramona are two years old and their ceres haven't turned brown yet? I know they turn brown only in breeding season, but two years have come and gone and nothing.

also, I think Ramona had a very very bad wing trim as a baby because her flights have never grown in. Is this a problem I need to talk to the vet about?

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
are you sure they are females? If they're male recessive pieds they wouldn't get blue or brown ceres it would always stay pink

and budgies ceres don't only turn when they're in Breeding season

I've had them turn at 3 months old and stay until well past 2 years old and never bred

Got any good pictures Of the ceres of these 2 and body pics too

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
is it normal that my two budgie girls Yoshi and Ramona are two years old and their ceres haven't turned brown yet? I know they turn brown only in breeding season, but two years have come and gone and nothing.

also, I think Ramona had a very very bad wing trim as a baby because her flights have never grown in. Is this a problem I need to talk to the vet about?
All female budgies that I have seen have had a cream to brown cere. Males varying colors of blue.

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I will get some pics for you and post here.

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
this is mona

yoshi

I will take some pics tonight and post them here

Status
Not open for further replies.