• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is it normal for my lovebird to sleep with its head to its back and sleep alot?

Celery

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ali
I got a lovebird recently and i heard from the breeder that he or she is 8 weeks old. So after the first day my lovebird naps alot throughout the day and sleeps with its head on its back. Is that normal?

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
I got a lovebird recently and i heard from the breeder that he or she is 8 weeks old. So after the first day my lovebird naps alot throughout the day and sleeps with its head on its back. Is that normal?
It's a baby, it's gonna eat sleep and poop for awhile with a little burst of energy. Sleeping with their head tucked in their back is completely normal and a comfortable sleeping position.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Ali! 1.welcome signs.gif

sleep.jpg

Celery

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ali
It's a baby, it's gonna eat sleep and poop for awhile with a little burst of energy. Sleeping with their head tucked in their back is completely normal and a comfortable sleeping position.
thanks alot, i was worrying alot for nothing. i have gotten him 3 days ago and since yesterday the only places he sleeps is on my hands should or belly. he hardly even wants to be in his cage.
he also started to only have droppings but without the pee is that also normal? does it mean he isnt drinking enough or is it because im trying to change his diet

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
r is it because im trying to change his diet
Don´t try to change the diet just yet. Let him settle in first. Give it a month or so. You can add extra stuff like veggies, but don´t take away their usual food.
You can add a second water bowl to encourage drinking. Or have a dish of water out of the cage so he can drink without returning to the cage.

Celery

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ali
Don´t try to change the diet just yet. Let him settle in first. Give it a month or so. You can add extra stuff like veggies, but don´t take away their usual food.
You can add a second water bowl to encourage drinking. Or have a dish of water out of the cage so he can drink without returning to the cage.
alright thanks ill do that!