• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is it natural if a budgie makes noises while regurgitating ?

Sheba

Meeting neighbors
Just asking to be sure and safe ; its like a small "wheh" , if you know what I mean ? Maybe a "wih/weh" XD ? I dont remember hearing it in other budgies I have seen . At first I thought it was coughing then I noticed it wasnt the case . Usually it is more frequent if he is eating seeds, around 1 or 2 times . I dont think he is coughing but it still might be the case.

He also sneezes maybe four times a day ? Sometimes he starts breathing fast while sitting (no tail bobbing) for no reason as well (not tired not scared etc.) (maybe he also has anxiety problems like me idk,,it is possible right?) .

Additionally , he is a bit more tired/sleepy than usual today and that wasnt the case yesterday at all, he didnt even want to go to sleep yesterday and tried to gain my attention after I put him in his cage . Maybe he is a bit tired from going to vet yesterday ? Because of around 2 hours in total of car journey ? But wouldnt he be tired yesterday instead of today if that was the case ?

He is sleeping around and not really playing/talking , furthermore he is a bit puffed up . (not excessively , I heard they also puff up when they are relaxed/tired , and that their feathers will puff up a lot if they are ill ; more than the normal amount , is that true ?)

Again I am asking these just to be sure because other than those he seems fine to me , I hope I am not keeping you guys busy for no reason D: . Love you all <3 .

EDIT : My sister just told me he sneezed a lot today when I wasnt at home , I didnt know this :( we have been staying at my grandma for a week along with him so maybe the change in the air caused him to catch a cold ? Maybe again, because of the car journey ? We opened up just a single window while we were in the car because it was really hot and even he seemed to be getting really warmed up I hope we didnt accidentally cause him to get ill :( . Oh god why D": .

Last edited:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
He also sneezes maybe four times a day ?
he is a bit more tired/sleepy than usual
Maybe he is a bit tired from going to vet yesterday ?
He is sleeping around and not really playing/talking , furthermore he is a bit puffed up
Yesterday was a stressful day and all the above are common ways for the stress to show itself (the sneezing is likely vomiting). Cover three sides of the cage and let him rest for a day or two. You'll know when he's back to his normal self. Yesterday was a high adrenaline day and he's recovering from that.
Everything go okay at the vet's?

Reactions: tka

Sheba

Meeting neighbors
Yesterday was a stressful day and all the above are common ways for the stress to show itself (the sneezing is likely vomiting). Cover three sides of the cage and let him rest for a day or two. You'll know when he's back to his normal self. Yesterday was a high adrenaline day and he's recovering from that.
Everything go okay at the vet's?
I will cover the cage up asap !! Thank you !

Vet said everything was fine for now and to bring him back if he shows signs of illness or any other issue, but he has been doing the "wheh" thing and the "breathing fast for no reason" thing for quite a while, probably ever since we adopted him , so like way before I took him to the vet . Are those also symptoms of stress ? Is he just stressed as a bird in general ? If yes , what else can I do to make him feel better ?

He was bullied by other budgies in his cage and they had a fight with each other before we got him (he was fine but just a few of his head feathers were missing at first, they are ok now) so we adopted him from one of my father's friends to take care and give a happy life to him. Maybe that figgt caused him to develop some sort of an anxiety disorder ?