• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is it Hormones?

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
A few weeks ago, after bringing after bringing Oliver home from getting his nails trimed, he immediately stopped wanting to spend time with my other budgie Winston. He only wanted to spend time with me. Unless I put Oliver in the travel cage with Winston, he wouldn't happily spend any time with Winston. It's like he had completely forgotten that he liked Winston. When I finally get him to spend time with Winston he acts normal for a few minutes and then flies away screaming. He'll tweet and call to Winston but once I bring Winston over, he starts screaming and flies into his cage. Now him screaming is not an unusual thing, he screams all the time because he's over dramatic, but him screaming at Winston is new. He usually loves Winston so much. But now it's like he doesn't realize he likes Winston until I make them sit together then he acts normal.

The person that cuts his nails is also a bird breeder and has many birds, did being around all those birds maybe spike up his hormones or something?

milliebird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Evie
are they both males? if so its likely hormones and oliver is thinking of winston as competition for mating. if this is the case it should pass over soon

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
are they both males? if so its likely hormones and oliver is thinking of winston as competition for mating. if this is the case it should pass over soon
Yep they are both males! Hopefully it does pass over soon