• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is his beak too long?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I don't want to scare you but you know that they are aiming for our eyes?
Wow! Really? :scared2:
Interesting that you say that because the second time that he bit me it was VERY close to my eye. I posted a pic in the bite thread. Had a black eye the next day too. It was a fly attack so he wasn't even on my shoulder. Do they go for the eye because they know it's a weak spot of ours?

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Do they go for the eye because they know it's a weak spot of ours?
I think so. :)
To damage another parrot in just one bite, they only have two options, eyes and foot.
So that they are aiming for our eyes is probably a normal reaction for them. But our reaction is to protect our eyes, and because of that you see so many bites in eyebrows.

If you make your enemy blind you have won the fight, it's pretty common with more animals so just not birds.

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Yeah we were always cautioned to be careful with roosters, because they would go for the eyes. It's a weak spot - they can do a lot of damage with only one bite.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Imo that is a failure in training and have nothing to do with the birds behavior.
If the bird have a choice it won't bite you. (Not include hormonal behavior)
That their beak is sharp is because it should be sharp. :)
I completely agree with this... just hard to get those people to see it that way when they feel that it has solved the issue... but it really hasn't... because the bird is still biting. :(