• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is Gertie hormonal?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
My grey has always been like velcro, but in the past few days, she has been SOOOO clingy! She doesn't just sit on my shoulder, she coos and turns her head upside down, droops her feathers,and makes funny noises trying to get my attention. Even when I go into the bathroom, I can hear her fluttering outside the door, trying to find a way in.:eek: She will literally not leave me alone!

AND she is not being nice when the other two are out. I am having to switch them out, which is unfortunate. I hope she gets over this soon. They were existing peacefully together for awhile now, but she is in "get away from my mom!" mode. It is so pitiful to put her in the cage too. It breaks my heart. But the other two need time too.

There are days when I think a single bird would have been easier.:(

piercesdesigns

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie

There are days when I think a single bird would have been easier.:(
Right now, with 6 I am wondering what that would be like. LOL

Yes, Ms. Gertie might be hormonal and it will pass. Do the other birdies have playstands? Can they all be out but not on you?

I know the shuffling stress. :(

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
How old is she?

If I remember correctly she is still rather young? if so she may be going through adolescent hormones. Not true hormones, but hormones nonetheless. I find true hormones in a parrot happen between 5-10years of age, and the adolescent hormones/attitudes happen between 2-5.

I know my scarlet macaw was only 2 when we started to masturbate and trying to find a nest for for the both of us to cuddle in. She'd also put her butt way up in the air and regurgitate for me.. But she was much too young for true hormones.

Same with my 2y.o Umbrella cockatoo, Opa. He is already humping and getting in the grove of things.. I dont think he is experiencing true hormones, but he is experimenting. lol

Jadie

Real Name
Jade
awee:hug8:. I'm not sure of how old she is either but sounds like hormones to me too lol, it'll go away, don't worry. I know they do droop their wings and make a sort of puppy whimpering noise when their hormonal and trying to woo you lol. Good luck dear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.