• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is anyone away from their quaker 8 hours a day?

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I've been researching different species for a few months now, and really think I want to get a quaker, but I work 8 hours a day and have no kids.
Does anyone have a quaker that is away most of the day, and how does the quaker handle it?
I dont want to stress the bird out by being away. If this would absolutely not work, is there another smaller type parrot you would recommend?
Thanks..

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Maybe if you got two...

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Maybe in time..I dont think I would want two to begin with..

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
If they were two of them they could keep each other company. But I understand you may not feel ready just yet.

fidsmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I work 12 hour shifts, but I have 8 birds, so they keep each other company, Do you keep a radio on for your bird ? They do love music I also suggest buying some foraging toys to keep your bird busy .

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I am gone 9 hours a day.
When I get home all of my birds, 2 in one room, 1 in the Livingroom, are all napping.
It seems with a quiet house they just kick back, but once I open that door, everyone gets busy and noisy!

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
She seems to be doing well with me being gone. I do have a budgie that is in another cage close by, so I'm sure they talk through the day. I leave the TV on with low volume for her when I leave. When I'm home she's out of her cage..