• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Is an oranges bag a safe toy?

Cockatango

Meeting neighbors
You know those meshy, plastic bags that oranges are sold in - would they be a safe toy for a cockatiel? I was planning to tie string to one so it hangs from the top of the cage but droops down so she has to stretch to reach any goodies inside. Is this a good idea? (Is this plastic dangerous/could she get stuck in it but not be able to get out?)
Thanks in advance

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
I will also be waiting for the answer, this is quite creative.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I have thought about doing this too but have not done iT. I think they could easily become stuck in it, at least the ones I have can easily trap a key or something, I think the same could happen to their foot/head. You could try to find a treat cage though, like this: 689FD940-6B7E-42DF-A81A-74ACFD65671E.jpeg
I believe there are metal ones available online for small birds but I am not sure!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Very dangerous as they are first bad plastic and second very flexible so they can easily both get hung and get stuck in them.
Glad you asked! :)
I believe there are metal ones available online for small birds but I am not sure!
Yes, these you can buy in SS. They are great both for food and toys.

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
Very dangerous as they are first bad plastic and second very flexible so they can easily both get hung and get stuck in them.
Glad you asked! :)

Yes, these you can buy in SS. They are great both for food and toys.

Thanks for mentioning that they are available in SS, kiwi would snap right through that green plastic! :lol:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I saw this yesterday. Think of birds as children. If you wouldn't give it to a small baby, you probably don't want to give it to a bird.