• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is a laminator safe?

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
I was thinking about getting a laminator but I was wondering if it would be safe around the birds? I know the safest thing to do is to do without since I don't have a bird free area to use it in. I tried to research and didn't find much so any input will be much appreciate. :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
What kind of laminator?

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Heated plastics give off fumes. Not a lot but noticeable. My general rule is 'If you can smell it the birbs are breathing it', so my thermal laminator is banished to the bottom drawer. I'm in the UK so I can't recommend one but look for a cold laminator.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Heated plastics give off fumes. Not a lot but noticeable. My general rule is 'If you can smell it the birbs are breathing it', so my thermal laminator is banished to the bottom drawer. I'm in the UK so I can't recommend one but look for a cold laminator.
I looked into them a bit earlier and they looked super expensive. I may just end up forgoing it so I don't hurt the guys. I was just going to laminate some D&D stuff so it wasn't a crisis if I couldn't. Thank you for the help! :D