• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is 2 Company and 3 a Crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

singermanlynne

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lynne Singerman
My current flock 2 have gotten very relaxed with each other and this allows me to feed and play with both at the same time. I can safely leave them out in the bird room and they can be both be on me as I walk from room to room. I could do this when I had 3 (with my female Alexandrine) but there was more posturing and screaming. My Alexandrine female was jealous and would give the others a hard time now and than. I don't see that with my BC Conure female and female LC Amazon. Not sure if it is the species or just that 2 parrots is company and 3 is a crowd?Do you feel that 3 is always an odd number of birds to have if they are all single? Lynne

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Not necessarily. I had 5 budgies caged together, and only 1 male! I wasn't breeding any of them, and squabbles weren't too bad. Most of the bickering was actually towards the poor lonely male! In budgies, it's always recommended to have more males than hens, and no odd hens out!

That said, I don't have 3 or more birds I can interact with all at once as Charlie doesn't like anyone else, and only two of the my tiels will interact with me... one more on a "need" basis than from interest.

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
I think it all depends, but since three didn't work for you, you should definitely stay with what you have now.

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
I think it depends on the individuals...I mean I have 3 boy budgies living together and they were all rehomes and different times and I was worried putting a 3rd boy in would be too much for the others but they're just fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.