• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

IRN with budgies

Violet.123

Moving in
Hello all!

So I have a 4 year old female IRN, had her since she was about 7 weeks old. She's sassy but still very loving and tame and a big talker. Recently with the quarantine, I've been working from so she is out 24/7 and loving it. I'm worried that I head back to work, she'll be lonely. Shes out of her cage about 5 hours on regular, pre-pandemic days. I was thinking about maybe getting a budgie, in a different cage obviously and with supervised outside time. My hope is that having another bird in the room with her will provide some sense of company at least until I'm back. Any advice would be appreciated!

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Getting another of the same species is always best.

Violet.123

Moving in
My biggest concern with another IRN is noise and space. I'm in an apartment and my landlord is fine with her but as IRNs are fairly loud, I'm sure two will be double the noise. Another IRN would also require a muxh larger cage than a budgie but Chai (my IRN) is in my room and I'm hoping to convert some of the free space into like bird areas (i.e. trees or play stands or play gyms) which either Chai on her own or with another bird can play in.

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
What cage/sized cage is Chai in currently?

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Could you have something like this with one IRN either side?

Violet.123

Moving in
Thank you all for your replies!!! Decided to hold off on another bird for now until I talk to my landlord and see if I'll be able to house another IRN aa that seems to be the best option.