• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Irn what’s her color mutation?

M_Dutra192

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Marie Dutra
Hi! My name is marie. I currently have a violet Indian ringneck. Today a renter on my father’s property who has tons of birds parrots finches pigeons pheasants love birds…. Too many to list. The sad thing is they are poorly cared for. I was able to talk him into letting me have the ringnecks!!! one male normal green Atleast 2-3 years old I’m guessing. He has both black and red ring. The girl is atleast 1 1/2-2 yrs old. He’s had her a year and a half. But idk what her color mutation is. My guess is pastel blue I saw a pic of an opaline that looked just like her very light blue almost looks white but has white on her wing and tail feathers and some grey. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts all are appreciated!!!! Thank you!!!

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can you get a better picture? Maybe one with better lighting?

M_Dutra192

Real Name
Marie Dutra
Yes! Sorry those pics were taken at her previous home and was my first time even meeting her. She is home with me now. She is still adjusting. Do not want to take her out or try to get her. Lol but can definitely get better pictures l. Thank you so much for taking the time. Hopefully these pictures are a little better they are the best I could do at the moment.

Attachments

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Are her eyes red or black?

I am not an expert, but I am leaning toward either pallid or dilute blue. Opaline alone would not be so light.

If you are interested, this is a pretty decent list of ringneck mutations with some pictures.

M_Dutra192

Real Name
Marie Dutra
Thank you so much for you reply!! And yes I am very interested. I am thinking of breeding her. I have a violet boy and he has been doing his dance for her and she was caught clucking to him yesterday! Lol hopefully his color is a good match for her. I do not know what either one’s parents look like so we will see how the babies look when/ if they arrive.

M_Dutra192

Real Name
Marie Dutra
Oh and her eyes are black with a tanish yellow ring around that

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Dark eyes would rule out fallow, another light-colored mutation and, of course, ino. Cinnamons and pallids have dark eyes and pale bodies.

If both parents are blue series, then all babies should be some kind of blue. Both cinnamon and pallid are sex-linked, so unless the dad is also carrying the same gene, it won't be visible in the offspring from a cinnamon or pallid hen. Dilute is recessive autosomal, so both parents need to have at least one copy of the affected gene for the color mutation to be visible in the offspring. Violet factor is incompletely dominant, so depending on if the dad is single factor or double (and if the babies are blue or green), you can expect some or all to be violet.

Without knowing more about the parents' genetics, I would guess you would get blue/turquoise or violet offspring from such a pairing. Some of the babies would likely be carrying some interesting splits.

If this is your first time breeding, be sure to do plenty of research before you get started. Parrot breeding takes a lot of time and dedication.