• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

IRN seeks out husband to bite

Leslie Cole

Meeting neighbors
I have a 2 1/2 yr old IRN (male) who will take treats from my husband and will act nice but then just bites him every time. If my husband is walking around, my IRN will fly to the floor and then start attacking his feet and not stop. If my husband is on the couch, my IRN will walk over to him, making kissy sounds and then will bite his hands. It’s gotten so my husband can’t be in the house at all while my IRN is out. Not sure what to do.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
I will offer advice but I honestly don't know why most birds have the Jeckle/Hyde thing going on. I recently re-homed my U2, (not for that reason) and he was always nice to me but never to anybody else. He never laid his beak on me but he would hunt people down in my house just so he could gleefully bite the heck out of their feet.

In your situation, I would say in most likelihood he views you as a potential mate and your husband as a rival. Are you around when he bites your husband? If so, you might want to change that by giving them both some alone time to 'somewhat' bond. I say somewhat because he has already picked you as his favorite and its hard to change a bird's mind when its already made up.