• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent IRN Beak Chipped

A.K

Sprinting down the street
I recently took an IRN, Polly, from my cousin, to take care of her for a little while as he’s on vacation. While at their place, we took her out of the cage, and she settled onto my shoulder. I’m not sure what happened, but suddenly she flew off, and smashed right into the door. Her beak was chipped off a tiny, tiny bit. You can barely see it, but the worrying thing was the drop of blood on the tip of the beak. We wiped it off, and another drop formed. We wiped that one off as well, and no there’s no more blood. She’s active, playful today, and seems to be normal. Is there anything I should be worried about?

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Concussion is possibly

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie

A.K

I read through the symptoms, and none are present in Polly. I don’t think she is concussed, or has any brain damage. I will continue to monitor her for those symptoms. Thank you for the article.

Is there anything else I should be worried about?

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Its my biggest concern. But everybody every parrot is different.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My Hahns broke off the tip of her beak once. Bleed a couple drops like you experienced and then it was done. She was pretty tender on her beak though for a couple days, so I would just make sure Polly is eating okay. Softened foods and avoid hard things like nuts for a few days :)

A.K

My Hahns broke off the tip of her beak once. Bleed a couple drops like you experienced and then it was done. She was pretty tender on her beak though for a couple days, so I would just make sure Polly is eating okay. Softened foods and avoid hard things like nuts for a few days :)
She’s eating fine. I gave her a couple seeds, which she devoured. A little bit of soft apple, they tend to be softer here in Pakistan.