• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

IRN.. 3 hand-feedings a day instead of 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Okay, I got my 8 week old IRN 2 days ago and he's begging so much for formula during the day.. I was giving him a feed in the morning and before he goes to bed, but I don't think it's enough, around lunch (12PM) he starts furiously bopping his head again so I have been giving him a feed at that time as well and then he's happy for awhile. :huh:

Do you think this is okay for an 8 week old? (to give him 3 feeds instead of 2)

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Absolutely. If he's begging, feed him. It's not at all uncommon for babies to regress a little bit in new circumstances, and the best thing to do is feed them and demonstrate that you're there to take care of and protect them. Refusing to feed when they're begging is just going to make them hungry and grumpy, which isn't conducive to them learning to eat new things or have new experiences. Happy, comfortable, well-fed babies are much more willing to try new foods and new experiences.

igors mum

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
i didnt follow a real schedule with igor as a baby i just fed him when he was hungry.some days he wanted a lunch time feed other days he didnt. he used to scare me cause there was times he didnt eat hardly much at all. but he is fully grown now and talking my ear off at this minute so i did something right lol.
your baby will be starting to fledge soon if it hasnt allready dont be freaking out cause it could just about stop eating it seems . they slow way down on eating just before they fledge.we need more pics of your baby to :lol:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:rofl: Funny you should say that, I'm going to be posting photos I took of him earlier today. :p

He's fleding at the moment, well sort of. He can't fly far, but he CAN fly! I will keep giving him 3 hand-feedings a day until he's ready to start eating other foods. I don't refuse at all to feed him, if I see that he's hungry, I'll feed him so long as he's happy then I'm happy.

Thanks guys! :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.