• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Iris is home!

Maui’smom

Moving in
Real Name
Kimberly Martinelli
First and foremost, I want to say thank you to everyone that has shared their Indian Ringneck experiences and stories. I have learned so much from all of you before bringing Iris home. Iris is a violet harlequin Indian Ringneck. I just love her to pieces.

I have taken all advice of moving slow with her and learning her body language. The only things that I have done from the beginning was start her on her new diet of a healthy chop and Harrison’s pellets, along with getting her used to the routine and sleeper cage.

She has been home a week now and is settling in nicely. She makes the cutest sounds! I acknowledge the cute sounds so she continues with them. She has only squawked loudly once and I ignored it like suggested.

I have found so far that Apple is her favorite at the moment and I have been using that to my advantage. On day 4 of being home she started eating the apple from my hand and right down to my fingers. I would give her that last little piece and she would drop it and give me the look like why didn’t you hold that lol.

I started target training her yesterday and she picked up very fast. She was very eager to train again today! When I was training with my sun conure Maui she showed instant interest.I can’t get over how much of a difference the little training has done. She willingly flew/glided down to me and sat on my shoulder for a few minutes and then stepped up for me to put her on the play stand that she wanted to get on.

Without all of the research and everyone’s experiences that were shared I would not have gotten this far with her so quickly in Ringneck terms. Thank you!

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:cngrt5:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
How wonderful! Welcome home little Iris

:smileflower:

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Congratulations!! Can’t wait to see more pics of Iris!

SeñorBirb

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ella
Congratulations! She is so pretty!

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
:Congratwav:
I love her beautiful color!

expressmailtome