• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Introducing the Caique Menace...

• Thread starter TinaM
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TinaM

I breed the crazy things so I shouldn't be so enamored by them that I would WANT one to remain with me after dealing with them from day 1 through weaning - because I tell ya, they're crazy monsters!

However, fate has it, I fell head over heels for the brats. I have 4 personal pets, 2 WBCs and 2 BHCs.

Alton:

Alton is our current menace. He's horribly bonded to me ...and baby formula. He's our chief face licker of baby birds and while he dislikes adults of everything but Caiques, he turns into a puddle of mush with the babies. Alton is everything you'd want in a Caique - on their good days. Even puberty was a breeze with him! I wake up to Alton, I spend the day on nursery rounds with Alton, I go to sleep ...yeah, if he could, with Alton! Alton also lip syncs. He will mouth the lyrics but croon with the instrumentals on songs. He has an unholy fetish for Taylor Swift and will stop whatever he's doing and stare vapidly at her videos if she's on the television. We're expecting Alton to be served a restraining order from her someday.

Lexi:

Yes... the one in the back... EATING my mini-blinds. That sums up Lexi. She's a spitfire. Nary a bite, never nippy, but everything she does ends up with a gigantic battle shriek. She's my champion hair surfer and has mastered the aimed poop. You never turn your back on Lexi. Ever. If you do, something will be destroyed.

Squee:

Squee is a doll baby. He looks innocent and adorable and he is. ..Unless you're a bird from Africa. He likes everything but African birds! Tom the Cape, my Congos.. doesn't matter. He hates them. He desperately wants to battle my CAG Izzy. We have to watch Squee. He's a master escape artist. He's also my champion hand surfer and whistler. He can croon and babble more than any other Caique I know!

Wheedle:

Poor Wheedle. She's the only one I hadn't bred myself and it's obvious. She's been with me for 6 months now and hasn't quite fit in. She was taken under Lexi's wing and taught all the naughty things and does them well, but she's a shy one. She's much happier with the other Caiques than with any old human, so we let her do as she wants (within boundaries!!). She has a fascination with jolly balls and will steal everyone's treats and hide them. We'll probably end up sending her to Dr. Drew someday to overcome this habit.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Your descriptions :rofl::rofl::rofl: I love them!!!
Such beautiful Caiques you have!!! :hug8:

T

TinaM

Wow, with all those caiques, you must be the caique controller! :eek:
I wish! I just do what the nice Caiques tell me to do and everything's okay... I think they have my daughter as hostage. I have to behave.

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
LOL..i cracked up seeing her eating the mini blinds. I went through several at my old house. They are adorable. I never looked into them, but i did fall in love with one at the bird mart. Adorable little things!

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
After I met my first caique I was sold. I now have a BH as well as a WBC! They are amazing birds. How neat to have four as well as babies :) Hope you share pictures the next time they breed.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
they are gorgeous!!!

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter
Oh Tina, look at Squee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is SO beautiful! Everyone, Squee is my Kiwi's brother! :) Too fun! And look at Lexi go! Gracious, you do have your hands full with her. And love all of the photos of your babes! So glad to see you over here! :) Fun, fun!

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Tina, Lexi is my fave.

Alex, i dont think she breeds her personal pets.. Do you, Tina? Or did you just mean they were babies you raised from your breeders? thats what it though..

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Awesome introduction! Looks like you have your hands full!

hsmoscout

:heart: They are so cute!
Tina, I hope you're going to be stopping at the conure section to share the story of your evil sun conure...

T

TinaM

Tina, Lexi is my fave.

Alex, i dont think she breeds her personal pets.. Do you, Tina? Or did you just mean they were babies you raised from your breeders? thats what it though..
Actually, the Caiques are for breeding. I'm experimenting on co-parenting in a 'flock' setting with these four. They're going to have side by side 'open door' breeding cages. It might work, or it might not. Caiques can be very aggressive with outside pairs, however, they breed best when they're within eyesight of other Caiques... so, I want to see if the four can maintain a flock status with each other and still parent while retaining social contact with the other pair.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
oh! well, in that case, I look forward to seeing how it works out!

I bet they'll have some preeeeettyy babies!

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
They are so cute! And I loved your descriptions!! Too funny!

CKJ

Real Name
Cindy
Tina, love your whole flock and their descriptions! They're all adorable! If I had to pick my favorite, it would definitely be hard.....I would probably pick Alton.

Patter, it's nice to see Kiwi's brother, Squee! He's a cutie ~

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Busy busy beautiful little caique's! Welcome :)

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
They are all just gorgeous!!!

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
LOved the pictures and the funny descriptions. They are just so darn cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.