• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT Introducing: The Air Surfer

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
If you've never heard of or seen Lou the swinging Cockatoo, he is the inspiration for this brand new product I call "The Air Surfer" :)

Surf the air waves on this super sweet hanging Air Surfer. It is recommended to use a least 3ft long chains (fastened into framing) to get the proper swing/flow. 4ft long. 20" wide. Weighs 16 pounds without chains (not included if shipping to save weight). $185.00 IMG_5573.jpg IMG_5571.jpg IMG_5577.jpg IMG_5578.jpg IMG_5576.jpg

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Someone is really having fun on that! What a great idea, especially with the perpendicular rungs. Stop it John, I have to get a glass of wine before I open and enjoy your posts, but then cry because they are over the border and so far away!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Very nice! Remember that video of the cockatoo spinning on the wheel? you were going to make one of those. It's been a long time since that video was posted.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Very nice! Remember that video of the cockatoo spinning on the wheel? you were going to make one of those. It's been a long time since that video was posted.

I was about to start looking for that video because I remembered it too. when I saw John's post it came into my mind right away.
I can't wait to see John's spin on it! :rolleyes:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I was about to start looking for that video because I remembered it too. when I saw John's post it came into my mind right away.
I can't wait to see John's spin on it! :rolleyes:
Great minds think alike!

I sure didn't remember it being a Galah though!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
If you've never heard of or seen Lou the swinging Cockatoo, he is the inspiration for this brand new product I call "The Air Surfer" :)

Surf the air waves on this super sweet hanging Air Surfer. It is recommended to use a least 3ft long chains (fastened into framing) to get the proper swing/flow. 4ft long. 20" wide. Weighs 16 pounds without chains (not included if shipping to save weight). $185.00 View attachment 320981 View attachment 320982 View attachment 320983 View attachment 320984 View attachment 320985
Man....what fun! I'd swing on that! Make one that supports me with my birds.
I have one of those porch swings that hang from ceiling on porch, my birds love sitting on shoulder and going for a swing!!
Your definitely very creative there john.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

It's in the cards. Lots of things to work out because of course I'm going to take it to another level.
Man....what fun! I'd swing on that! Make one that supports me with my birds.
I have one of those porch swings that hang from ceiling on porch, my birds love sitting on shoulder and going for a swing!!
Your definitely very creative there john.
You can hang on this one. I hung on it to test (180 pounds). Didn't even squeak
:cool:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

Thanks for posting that I never seen that video, that's just hilarious! Now to clean coffee off me, from laughing. Lol....:coffeescreen: That too is having a blast isn't it!?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

How in the world did that cockatoo do that circling? John a bird would never be bored in your home!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
[ QUOTE="JLcribber, post: 3162337, member: 55"]
It's in the cards. Lots of things to work out because of course I'm going to take it to another level.

You can hang on this one. I hung on it to test (180 pounds). Didn't even squeak
:cool:
[/QUOTE]
Now that's solid right there, wow!

Hey John wanted to throw an idea your way both my birds enjoy playing with. It's a little Ferris wheel, hat has cups on it. I fill the cops with a variety of little goodies to snack on.
And they spin the wheel to get cup and get the treats. I little foraging fun.
I picked it up at a thrift store, thought hmmm, idea.
I wish it wasn't plastic, I monitor them so they don't go chewing up plastic. Would be nice to have similar made of wood. Does have to be round, octagon shape wheel would suffice.

IMG_20191127_102956.jpg IMG_20191127_103018.jpg IMG_20191127_102956.jpg IMG_20191127_103018.jpg

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Really? You're going to take the spinning wheel on a 'nother level? Do share a video of you spinning around on it when you get it done!!! :roflmao:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
This is more of what I had in mind. Just a seed right now. The idea will grow. :)

Looks like a bicycle tire frame with a band of quarter inch wire attached to the outside rim for easy grip. Mount it to a sturdy post and badabing.. you're done! I think my zons would hate it. :lol: