• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Introducing my caiques Tiki & Pica!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
Well I thought it was about time to introduce my two caiques to all that dont know them.

I got Tiki the WBC from a great friend of mine just about two years ago. I finished off his hand-feeding and he is definitely my little bud. Into everything! Loves most everyone. His only problem is he is a chicken when it comes to toys.

I just tell him "youll be fine, if your alive in an hour then I think youll be fine" He usually gets over it and ends up tearing the toy to shreds.

Second is my re-homed BHC Pica. She came to live with me on September 12. First couple weeks was rough. I was bit and was really getting cold feet. I decided this was really something I wanted to work out. We did a lot of treats through the cage. We got into a routine where I would give her a treat, she would go to her favorite perch and I could change her food and water.

Well a couple days ago she hopped right on my hand and we are making great improvements :)

Here are my two beautiful caiques!

Attachments

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Re: Introducing my caiques!

CUTE pictures!!!

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
they're both gorgeous!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Two beauties!!! :heart:

Alex

Thanks everyone. Their personalities are very different. But I love em both! Hoping one day they will play together while out of the cage.

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
Well hello Tika and Pica, have seen your pics in the signature but haven't formally met :) Great going with Pica, Alex. It is kind of hard to not let those bites get in the way of a wonderful relationship, looks like you have succeeded!

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
They look to be such sweethearts!!! More pics!!! :) :) :)

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
:omg: I love those little caiques, they are just adorable Alex.

Alex

I promise that more pictures will come soon!:dance4:

Well hello Tika and Pica, have seen your pics in the signature but haven't formally met :) Great going with Pica, Alex. It is kind of hard to not let those bites get in the way of a wonderful relationship, looks like you have succeeded!
You know the first week it was really, really hard for me. But after that we just worked on eachother. She was in a new place and needed to get used to the birds, the routine ect..

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:omg:they are gorgeous!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
They are so cute!

CKJ

Real Name
Cindy
So happy to meet Tika & Pica! I'm glad Pica & you found one another.....she's coming along great - thanks to your patience & love!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Well I thought it was about time to introduce my two caiques to all that dont know them.

I got Tiki the WBC from a great friend of mine just about two years ago. I finished off his hand-feeding and he is definitely my little bud. Into everything! Loves most everyone. His only problem is he is a chicken when it comes to toys.

I just tell him "youll be fine, if your alive in an hour then I think youll be fine" He usually gets over it and ends up tearing the toy to shreds.

Second is my re-homed BHC Pica. She came to live with me on September 12. First couple weeks was rough. I was bit and was really getting cold feet. I decided this was really something I wanted to work out. We did a lot of treats through the cage. We got into a routine where I would give her a treat, she would go to her favorite perch and I could change her food and water.

Well a couple days ago she hopped right on my hand and we are making great improvements :)

Here are my two beautiful caiques!
They are really pretty. congratulations on your success with them. I love hearing about training progress:)

Vicki

Status
Not open for further replies.