• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Introducing... Milly!!!

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
Congratulations to the whole flock on the new addition! She is beautiful indeed and I'm so glad she's in such a loving home now!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Milly is doing great! Still hasn't stepped up for me yet, but she hasn't tried to nip me yet either! She follows me around quite intently trying to observe everything I do. Tomorrow I'm doing another introduction session. I'll have a beach towel handy but hopefully it won't be needed!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I'm one for long courtships/ introductions. Maybe too long but I think its bests to err on cautious side & not to force a negative reaction. 25 is an OK age for a Mac...I worry about Penny as she is 22 & not sure of Hawkheads lifespans but like everything in life its care, diet & luck! A macs beak is bigger than a Hawkhead but I have heard HH bites are not fun...Luckily never been bitten...

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Milly is doing great! She's been here 1 month today!!! She spends most of her days roaming around out of her cage now. Getting her back inside at night takes a lot of bribery though. One of her faves is orange wedges so I make a skewer of them and hang it way inside her cage. As soon as she sees it she wants it so bad but keeps hesitating cuz she knows the cage door is going to shut for bed time!
She tries all the fresh foods I offer her. Quite a few end up splattered on the wall or ceiling! This gal can throw!!! Lol
She lets me scratch her head, but still hasn't been able to get up the courage to step up on my arm. One foot goes back and forth like she's trying to make up her mind.
I guess she hasn't had a plethora of toys before because she's going through them like wild fire. She gets all excited and bobs around when I hang new toys for her.
She hasn't gone after any of the crew as of yet, so I'm quite happy about that. I'm not ready to leave them alone together just yet though. I keep a beach towel handy just in case.