• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Introducing... Milly!!!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
You found a gem indeed. I'm jealous!! Lol.
I want one of those greys she has there where milly came from......trying to get her to give one up. She has a few.
Waiting on her response back to my email..

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Were they giving her fresh @ the rescue? I think we all know how fast the cost of fresh is w/ any parrot feeding.... But after you get a flock it's less that may go in the circular bin! :roflmao:

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Were they giving her fresh @ the rescue? I think we all know how fast the cost of fresh is w/ any parrot feeding.... But after you get a flock it's less that may go in the circular bin! :roflmao:
I know Chipper and Tootie got frozen mixed veg while they were there, but nothing quite like what Tricia feeds!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Birdie muffins! Pumpkin, bananas, raspberries, grated cauliflower, unsweetened apple sauce, pineapple chunks, cranberries, pepitos, zucchini, broccoli, 3 eggs, and 3/4 cup whole wheat flower. Made 4 dozen so I can freeze some for next week. I'm so happy Milly likes them!

Attachments

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Or like my past birds, fed the dog from atop their cage...
..boink...bombs away!!! Open up and say Ahhhhh doggy!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I really don't know. I only saw pellets. They did get peanut butter crackers for treats. Milly tastes everything I hand her, so at least she's willing to try new foods. The only thing she has totally refused is the warm breakfast mash I make for the crew every morning. She took one look at it and just glared at me! She likes to hold her food while she eats it, so no mash for her! LOL

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You crazy bird lady. :hug8:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
She’s such a stunning lady!! :swoon:

I’m so happy for both of you! Not sure who to congratulate- you for finding this sweet girl or Milly for finding such a great home... so congrats to both of you!
:yah:

Can’t wait to see her settling in with your flock. Good luck at the vet, and please keep the pics coming!:cantwait:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
She’s such a stunning lady!! :swoon:

I’m so happy for both of you! Not sure who to congratulate- you for finding this sweet girl or Milly for finding such a great home... so congrats to both of you!
:yah:

Can’t wait to see her settling in with your flock. Good luck at the vet, and please keep the pics coming!:cantwait:
I can't wait until quarantine is over and I can leave her cage door open! I've reorganized my home to accommodate her wing span and removed items that were fine for smaller birdies but wouldn't hold her weight. In a few weeks Milly is going to really love it here!!!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
She’s so stunning!!! :knockknock:
I've got a new harness for her but can't really start training Milly yet. So I've got it set out next to her cage so she can see it's harmless. I'm also keeping my eyes open for a walk-in backyard aviary so on beautiful summer days I can let them enjoy the fresh air.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congratulations! She's beautiful!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
She's beautiful. Congrats!!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She IS a beauty! Buddy doesn't like oatmeal even in a bowl, likes 1 fruit or veggie a feeding but will... Occasionally eat 2. Doesn't really like his feet or beak getting dirty but... :heart: :heart: :heart: 's most sprouts, & although his vet & I have yet to talk about his "GREAT" blood panel (he's only there 1 day a week & it's the day I'm almost never home @ all except after he's gone for the day.) I know he's healthier than he's been probably ever in his entire life (minus some eye, poss. artery plaque's) I'll take that as a great sign... I gotta get some birdy bread & pop some fresh sprouts in it, anyone know if it'll work????

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Waiting until your choice if each other is mutual is so loving and the environmental change for both of you will be smoother. Milly is so adorable and has love, food and fun toys to enjoy.

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Wonderful you could bring her home! Rescues can be at hard to adopt from sometimes.
Congratulations and hope to see you and milly on the thread. I love meeting older macs on here.